Friday, November 12, 2010

Peer Blog Review: Jeffrey

Dear Jeffrey,

Great job with your blog this term. It's clear you've been busy blogging this term. The more time you spend creating, the more the readers will want to spend consuming. A few of things stuck out quite a bit to me while I was going through it. First, I love the enthusiasm. You seem to be really enjoying the class and taking full advantage of the self-directed learning. I really like how you've made a goal since the last midterm to improve your blogging and stuck to it. You've been doing great with your links and variety of posts. I had a hard time finding things to improve on, especially comparing it to mine, so I had to be picky. For your hyperlinks, I would recommend using a different color, something that sticks out just a little bit more. I noticed when I was reading through something quickly it was easy to overlook one or two of them. Your post on What Makes Me Unique was one that caught my eye. I really like how you managed to incorporate a broad spectrum of the topics we've gone over in class while also apply it something as current and personal as a job interview. The Blog Checks are also a creative way of both keeping your work relevant to class and creating a sort of table of contents for your reader.

There was one other downside that I noticed, which in a way is somewhat of a compliment: there weren't enough comments. I've struggled with the same problem. It's harder to write when there's no audience. I don't know how much commenting you've done on classmates' blogs but that can be one good way of getting your name around. Another solution, one that I'm thinking of doing myself soon, would be to link your blog to Facebook (if you haven't already, and if you have an account). There's a great how-to on our class blog if you don't know how already. My biggest piece of advice would simply say, "Keep up the good work." Continue keeping variety in your posts and pushing yourself to try new things.

Sincerely,
Chase

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for those great comments Chase! You are the man! I'll post up a link to my facebook! And work on commenting on others :)

    Love your blog! Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete