Monday, September 20, 2010

What can you do with a Wii remote?

Many people don't realize how powerful some of the technology we own can be (myself included). Here's a fascinating demonstration on what one guy learned how to do with a simple Wii Remote, which is now one of the most common computer input devices in the world. My mom is actually the one who showed this to me. She wanted me to set it up for her so she could use it in her classes. I still haven't gotten around to it though. If you are short on time, I recommend at least watching the second video, it's probably the most applicable to everyday use (e.g. teaching a class, business presentations, etc.). And the best part about it? It's free! Johnny Lee teaches you everything you need to do to create something like this on your own, another great example of open educational resources and the free software movement.

http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/

No comments:

Post a Comment